PISA 2009 Results presents the findings from the most recent PISA survey, which focused on reading and also assessed mathematics and science performance. The SET comprises five volumes:
- Volume I, What Students Know and Can Do: Student Performance in Reading, Mathematics and Science, compares the knowledge and skills of students across countries.
- Volume II, Overcoming Social Background: Equity in Learning Opportunities and Outcomes, looks at how successful education systems moderate the impact of social background and immigrant status on student and school performance.
- Volume III, Learning to Learn: Student Engagement, Strategies and Practices, examines 15-year-olds’ motivation, their engagement with reading and their use of effective learning strategies.
- Volume IV, What Makes a School Successful? Resources, Policies and Practices, examines how human, financial and material resources, and education policies and practices shape learning outcomes.
- Volume V, Learning Trends: Changes in Student Performance Since 2000, looks at the progress countries have made in raising student performance and improving equity in the distribution of learning opportunities.